Details Required for Admissions:
1. How is PODAR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL different from other international schools around?
Over the Past 12 years Podar International School has been known for its “Excellence in Education.” Our focus is on delivering a high quality teaching and learning, designing a broad and rich curriculum including diverse co- curricular opportunities and providing a supportive guidance programme.
Podar International School is the only school that follows both the International Programmes – IBPYP & CAIE programme.
2. What curriculum does the school follow?
- We follow the IB PYP curriculum from grade 1 to grade 5,
- Cambridge Lower Secondary Programme (Checkpoint) for grade 6 and 7,
- Cambridge IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) for grade 8 to grade 10
- Students have an options of choosing between both the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) in grade 11 and 12 or ‘A’ levels for Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) in grade 11 and 12.
3. What is the procedure to secure admission for my child in PIS?
- In order to seek admission for your ward the following steps need to be taken:
- Visit our website www.podarinternationalschool.com and fill an online registration form.
- You will then receive an email from our academic counselor who will help you fix an appointment for a detailed info session. This info session will help you gain clarity on all school aspects as well as grant you an opportunity to opt for a school tour.
- After all the admission criteria are met along with the submission of the verified documents, you will receive a confirmation email intimating you of the admissions status.
- The provisional admission can be secured only after paying the required fee.
- The Provisional admission becomes a confirmed admission after the child submits the original leaving certificate of the previous school stating that the child has passed and is promoted to the next grade. The final progress report of the child’s current grade is also required to be submitted.
4. What documents are required during admission?
- The documents required for admission purpose are as follows:
- Previous 2 years and current term school results.
- Birth certificate copy.
- Aadhar card copy of child and parents. In case the Aadhar card is unavailable you may submit the Passport Copies.
- Residence proof.
- Passport Size photograph of the parents and child.
5. When should I submit an application for an admission?
The Admissions Office starts accepting admission applications from 1st of September every year for the next academic year that begins from April. Seats are allotted on first come, first served basis.
6. Is there a policy for offering admissions to siblings of students in school?
Yes, we give preference to siblings of students during admissions.
7. What are the timings for the school?
|Mon, Tue and wed||7:30 am – 2:45 pm|
|Thu and Fri||7:30 am – 1:00 pm|
8. Is there a school uniform?
Yes, we have school uniforms for students from Grade 1 to Grade 10.
9. Does the school have provision for hot meals and snacks for the students?
Yes, we have a canteen facility for students where they can opt for hot lunch. The meals are served under hygienic conditions under supervision of Nutritionist. Lunch facility is optional and students who want to avail need to pay via cheque at the beginning of the month.
10. Does the school provide transport facility?
Yes, we have a transport department wherein pickup and drop is provided between Borivali and Worli.
11. Are your teachers working in the school well qualified?
The teaching staff is highly qualified in their respective fields.
12. What is the age criterion for admissions?
The PIS has an age policy which it follows diligently for all admission applications. While applying for Grade 1 the child must have completed 6 years by April.
13. What is the teacher student ratio in the school?
In PYP, the teacher student ratio is 2 teachers for every 25 students.