On 5th Sept, 2010 on Teachers Day, Dr.Mrs.Vandana Lulla, Principal of Podar International School received the ‘Rajya Shikshak Puraskar’ for her meritorious contribution in the field of Education & Social Service from the Chief Minister, Mr. Ashok Chavan and the Education Minister, Mr. Balasaheb Thorat in Nanded.
Dr.Mrs.Vandana Lulla has been contributing to the field of education since the last 20 years. Due to her varied efforts, she has been honoured with various Awards.
- Best School Award for the year 1994 -95, 1998 – 99 by Mumbai Municipal Corporation for raising the Academic standards of the school.
- Received the “Pride of India Award” by Hon’ble Shri M.V.Rajeshkaran, Union Minister for Planning for contribution in the field of education
- Felicitated by Sheriff of Mumbai for representing India and presenting a paper on “How to integrate technology into curriculum” in Japan.
- Achieved the award from PDG Jagdish Khanna Rotary Vocational Service Award for significant contribution and dedication to ethics and values in the field of education.
- Achieved “International School Award” (ISA) for Podar International School, for integrating global dimension into the SSC curriculum by The British Council, UK (2004-05 and 2008-09)
- Rashtriya Ekta Award by His Excellency Shri.T.N.Chaturvedi, Governor of Karnataka.
- Mother Teresa Memorial Award was given for humanitarian services undertaken by her.
The ‘Rajya Shikshak Puraskar’ has been bestowed to her not only for her selfless work in education but also for the various humanitarian projects undertaken by her.
- She had adopted 147 children from Raja Ramdeo Podar Shala and Anandilal Podar Vidyalay who were affected by the 26th July, 2005 floods and took care of all their educational needs.
- 100 students with Learning Disability were thrown out by their former schools but Dr.Mrs.Vandana Lulla welcomed them with open arms, worked closely with all these students and they scored a first class during the SSC board exams.
- The Children’s Traffic Park at Cooperage had a 70ft wall which was bare. Due to her initative, Dr.Mrs.Vandana Lulla got the entire 70ft. wall painted with Traffic symbols so that children visiting the park would benefit by it.
- She has adopted the Ackwart Leprosy Hospital to beautify the garden with medicinal and herbal plants which will benefit patients during the healing process. She has also taken the initiative to beautify the wall with mural paintings which will soothe all patients.
- She has adopted a BMC School in Santacruz to teach English language to the students of the vernacular medium.
- She also adopted students from Raja Ramdeo Podar Shala and Anandilal Podar Vidyalay to take care of their Educational needs and training in English.
- She has undertaken a Project with visually challenged students from Snehankit to create awareness across schools that visually challenged children are no different.
- She has organized various campaigns to bring about social awareness of important issues i.e. The Aids Awareness campaign, Blood Donation Drive, Saving the environment, Cancer ad T.B. Awareness.
- She has also organized programmes for street children, mentally challenged, visually challenged and tribal/rural children.
Due to her magnanimous efforts in the fields of education and social service, the govt. of Maharashtra honoured her with the ‘Rajya Shikshak Puraskar’.
The Management, staff and students of Podar International School wish Dr.Mrs.Vandana Lulla success in all her future endeavours.